I also did a project that is a book and a website called Identify Yourself for the 2013 PICA Time Based Art Festival (TBA).
Some other artworks include: The Medium is the iMessage (2012), A Mirror Unto Itself (2011), QR Art (2011). There's a bunch of other stuff over here.
Krystal South is a multidisciplinary artist, business person, creative consultant, model, and writer from Portland, Oregon who has been online every day since she was 12. South has been included in group exhibitions and projects at Carroll/Fletcher Gallery, Ditch Projects, the 2013 PICA TBA festival, The Wrong Biennale, Rocksbox Contemporary Fine Art, Recess Gallery, Carhole Gallery, and Portland Art Museum, as well as in B.Y.O.B. at New American Art Union, and Wieden+Kennedy in Portland. Her writings have been featured in the Rhizome ArtBase, Flaunt Magazine, Bear Deluxe Magazine, YA5, and September. Google Krystal South for more info.
I sometimes make things or ideas, and people see or think them. I used to have a list of things I had written, but I got rid of that.
- October, 2015: Ways of Something Part 4, curated by Lorna Mills, Gene Siskel Film Center, Chicago.
- October, 2014: Unoriginal Genius, curated by Domenico Quaranta, Carroll/Fletcher Gallery, London.
- October, 2014: Exhibition Kickstarter, Ditch Projects, Springfield, Oregon.
- July, 2014: Meta: The Wrong New Digital Art Bienalle, Antiga Galeria Municipal de Arte, Setubal, Portugal.[Press]
- May, 2014: Gifbites, part of Bitrates, Shiraz, Iran.[Press]
- March, 2014: The International Invitational Triennial of Contemporary Wind Chimes, Rocksbox Fine Art, Portland, OR. [Press]
- November, 2013: Western Digital pavilion curated by Rick Silva for The Wrong Biennale, online.
- September, 2013: "...community declared itself a medium...", PICA TBA Festival, Portland, OR.
- June, 2013: Portland Experimental Film Festival, Portland, OR.
- November, 2012: B.Y.O.B. Portland II @ Wieden + Kennedy Gallery, Portland, OR.
- June, 2012: Dimensions Variable, Autzen Gallery, Portland, OR.
- February, 2012: HYPERCORRECTION at Recess Gallery, Portland, OR.
- December, 2011: "CE N'EST PAS LA FIN DU MONDE" GROUP SHOW at R&R Gallery, Los Angeles.
- October, 2011: QR/ART at the Portland Art Museum. [curator]
- September, 2011: 'Observations on the Uncertain' essay as part of Anna Gray & Ryan Wilson Paulsen's Installation, Don't Worry We'll
Fix It, Time Based Arts Festival, 2011.
- September, 2011: Nudity in Groups at PICA's Time Based Arts Festival 2011.
- August, 2011: Sharpening The Image, STORE Gallery, Portland, OR. [press]
- August, 2011: ALL CAPS FESTIVAL, Toronto, Canada.
- June, 2011: Broad Strokes, Carhole Gallery, Portland, OR.
- December, 2010: B.Y.O.B. PORTLAND, New American Art Union, Portland, OR.
- December, 2010: Car Hole Gallery Presents: No More Coats No More Hole: The Unauthorized Greatest Hits & Notes From A Young Curator book release
- October, 2010: NUDITY IN GROUPS ISSUE #2, Edition of 250, available through www.fastweapons.com
- August, 2010: THIS COULD BE ANYWHERE, Carhole Gallery, Portland, OR.
I love talking about art, and have spoken at Portland State University, Reed College, Lewis & Clark College, University of Oregon, and Washington State University Vancouver.
THERE ARE GIRLS ON THE INTERNET